Contract Quality Assurance Engineer
Enlighten is one of the nation’s leading independent digital marketing agencies fuelling brand growth and consumer engagement through integrated web innovation, digital advertising, social marketing, emerging platforms and marketing intelligence. We work with an eclectic roster of brands spanning the CPG, financial services, premium retail and health/wellness segments. Major client accounts include: Hunter Douglas, John Frieda, illy caffé, Giant Eagle, AAA Life Insurance, Bioré, Jimmy John’s, Johnson & Johnson, Assurant Health and more.
Enlighten is looking for a contract QA Engineer who is experienced in test design and development. Candidates should be attentive to details, quick to learn, and passionate about quality. QA Engineers juggle multiple projects and deadlines, and must be able to adapt to frequent changes. They work with project managers, developers, and other team members to understand requirements and plan test activities, and work independently or with other QA Engineers in testing efforts.
• Execute all phases of the QA cycle (e.g. requirements analysis, test case identification, test plan authoring, execution, defect tracking, status, and reporting of results)
• Perform Functional, Exploratory, Regression, Performance, and Usability testing based on customer requirements
• Validate layout and text on websites and apps for adherence to creative comps and copy documents
• Perform cross-browser and mobile device testing to ensure consistency in layout and functionality
• Log and track defects from initial discovery to closure, working with developers to assess severity and impact. Escalate issues as appropriate to keep team members aware of potential “showstoppers”
• Create test cases, scenarios, and supporting data based on customer requirements and design documentation
• Contribute to test planning activities, including estimating testing needs and timeframes.
• Develop an understanding of requirements, including how users use the products and the impact of change to the users’ workflow
• Take individual initiative and responsibility for tasks
• Adapt to changing timelines, requirements, and priorities
• Learn and apply new tools and technologies
• Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Experience with Software Quality Assurance concepts, practices, and procedures as applied to the Web
• Experience in testing mobile-optimized websites, responsive sites, and native mobile apps
• Experience with back-end database testing, including knowledge of SQL
• Automated testing experience (preferably using open source software such as Selenium)
• Experience in automated or manual testing for accessibility, performance, and/or security
At Enlighten we prize individualism, excellence, irreverence, humor, and a high degree of personal integrity. Our culture is fun, informal, energetic, and deeply humane.
If you’d like to join our team, please e mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com