Freelance User Experience Strategist
Known since 1983 for award winning work, Enlighten is a boutique digital marketing agency delivering innovative online advertising, social marketing, web design and development, digital CRM, consumer insight, brand planning, and online marketing performance measurement services to an eclectic range of major client accounts such as John Frieda, Jergens, Bioré, Curél, Ban, Hunter Douglas, Richmond American Homes, Fruit2O, HealthMedia, illy caffé, Jimmy John’s, and more.
Enlighten is seeking a freelance User Experience Strategist to join the Experience Design team on a contract basis with the potential for full time. As an UX Strategist at Enlighten, you’ll research and develop intuitive user interfaces that meet both user and business objectives using tools such as wireframes, personas, and prototypes. You’ll work closely with content strategists, client stakeholders, visual designers, creative leads, engineers, and analytic and social media experts to shape the information architecture, usability, and interaction design of the digital experience – websites, mobile applications, and social media.
- Lead strategic research efforts to determine what types of research and artifacts are appropriate within projects; coordinate existing research inputs and new efforts. Use a wide range of general, industry, and site-specific research inputs to develop a user-centered plan for design and features.
- Build a thorough understanding of business and user needs. Conduct stakeholder interviews to determine business and site objectives and help clients integrate online processes with offline business practices. Employ a variety of user research techniques to bring new insights into how clients understand their users’ interactive needs. Work collaboratively to translate business requirements, user goals and creative strategy into engaging experiences.
- Observe, conduct and analyze qualitative and quantitative user research, such as focus groups, interviews and surveys. Design and conduct user testing including prototype and post-launch evaluation. Clearly and concisely communicate impactful findings to clients, designers, engineers, and other project stakeholders.
- Create and refine necessary documentation to develop user experience and provide needed deliverables to other project members, such as content inventories, heuristic evaluations, task analysis, CMS content models, user scenarios, personas, site maps, wireframes and other specifications.
- Maintain awareness of evolving UX standards and best practices while continually seeking to innovate and revolutionize processes and deliverables that lead to internal efficiencies as well as client satisfaction. Be an ambassador advocating for the user and UX Research within the company and industry.
- 3-5 or more years of experience as an Information Architect (IA), User Experience (UX) Specialist/Designer, Interaction Designer (IxD), or any other role which involves strategizing and architecting user experience design for high-traffic, dynamic digital properties. Digital agency experience is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of user-centered design and HCI principles as applied to current Web and app technologies.
- Experience designing and conducting usability tests and using diagramming & prototyping software, such as Axure RP, Omnigraffle or Balsamiq.
- Exceptional analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to closely collaborate as a part of a team comprised of business, creative and technical types.
- Work effectively with project managers to meet expectations on time and on budget.
- Ability to articulate and present ideas based on sound user experience and interaction design principles.
At Enlighten we prize individualism, excellence, irreverence, humor, and a high degree of personal integrity. Our culture is fun, informal, energetic, and deeply humane. If you’d like to join our team, please e-mail your cover letter and resume.
Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org